Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gitanjali

Lately while recovering, I have been reading Gitanjali by Tagore. Oh my god! I am totally in love with it!
I had never read anything by Rabindranath Tagore before, save few things that I had come accross in the course syllabus. I feel that I have never read a more beautiful poetry. Every time I read it, I can read a poem in a totlly new sense. Every time, it has a different meaning. Most of the poems are spiritual or romantic. Even the romantic poems are written in a very spiritual way. I would just say that I am simply amazed by the poetic strength of this man.
The book has an introduction by Yeats. In that Yeats says that he keeps a copy of Gitanjali with him and reads it daily. I think even I am gonna do the same. Even if u read 2-3 poems, you somehow feel enlightened and at peace. Wonderful and amazing poetry!

2 comments:

Shreyas said...

what do u mean whn u say u read sumthing in a different light evrrytime.. eg deun explain akr chotese...

Sharvari said...

Hey who are u anonymous?